Friday, October 24, 2008

We Interrupt This Program for My Beloved

I'm loving the posts from all of my wonderful Octoberguests! so much that I swore to myself that I wouldn't interrupt them for anything less important than international economic panic. (Oops. Maybe should've done it sooner.) See, swearing really is a bad thing!

I found out today that the 30-second Horror Story that I recorded for the Weekend America radio folks was selected to air on tomorrow's program. There's a link on their website that tells which NPR affiliates air it. But here's the link to the page with all of the stories, including mine. They posted the unedited text of the story on the site--we edited it slightly for time in the studio. (You can guess which version I prefer!)

Thanks, Weekend America!

The story is called My Beloved. Don't be too scared. I'm here for you....

(Oh, and if you haven't read Jody Reale's post today, you really should. Though it will have you scratching your head!)

5 comments:

Jody Reale said...

Holy smokes, that's great! I'm listening to it right now, and it doesn't make me scratch my head AT ALL. Congratulations.

Alexandra Sokoloff said...

Wow, congratulations! As soon as I've had my coffee!

Tom said...

HAH! Talk about a happy convergence of influences!

Glad to see it's happening for you, Laura.

Alexandra Sokoloff said...

Oooh, goosebumps! I am in awe of your being able to tell a whole poetic story in 30 seconds. Brava!

Laura Benedict said...

Aw, y'all are making me blush--thanks for checking it out.

And, Tom, they didn't even make me engineer it myself. (Though I probably could have--SIUC is a state school and the equipment was vintage enough. Poor things.)